Call for Nominations: NJLA-CUS ACRL-NJ Distinguished Service Award
Nominations and Applications for 2010 Distinguished Service Award
Do you know a librarian whose contribution to academic librarianship in New Jersey deserves recognition? The College and University Section of NJLA invites nominations for the 2010 Distinguished Service Award.
The award will be given to a librarian who has contributed distinguished service to or achievement in the profession, especially within the New Jersey academic community. This is not limited to persons who might have received national recognition. It is intended to honor any person who, by his or her outstanding contributions, has directly enriched the librarianship of higher education in New Jersey.
Previous recipients include: Miriam Grosh, Felix Hirsh, William Dix, John Beard, James McCoy, Marian Siegeltuch, Jay Lucker, Arthur E. Jones, Raymond Frankie, Donald Sinclair, Virginia Whitney, Hendrik Edelman, Patricia Reeling, Charles Cummings, John Cohn, Daniel O’Connor, William Noe Field, Norma Yueh, Sister Anita Talar, Amy Job, Caroline Coughlin, Stan Nash, Norman Horrocks, Maureen Gorman, Jody Caldwell, Jeris Cassel, Anne Ciliberti, Marianne Gaunt, Richard Sweeney, Joan Getaz, Jane Crocker, Norma Blake, Judith Cohn, Luis Rodriguez, and Mary Mallery.
Nominations must be received on or before February 1, 2010, and include the following information:
• Name and contact information of nominee
• Nominee’s present position
• Nominee’s educational background
• A list or description of the noteworthy contribution(s) of the nominee in one or more of the following areas: service in professional associations (committees, etc.), innovation in library services management, achievements in collection development and management, contribution to the literature of librarianship; and other factors, such as excellence in teaching, consistent dedication to the needs of New Jersey academic libraries and the librarians who serve them
• Nominator’s name and contact information
• Nominee’s vita (if at all possible, as this is very helpful)
I hope you’ll take the time to help us recognize a worthy colleague!
Please send nominations to:
Monmouth University Library
400 Cedar Avenue
West Long Branch, NJ 07764