VALE Assessment Fair: Learn About Library Assessment Efforts and Share Your Successes!
MAY 25, 2010
Rutgers Busch Campus Center, Piscataway
9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Are you preparing for a Middle States visit and worrying about library assessment?
- Are you looking for a good assessment tool but don’t know where to start? Or have you found a promising technique for uncovering your users’ real needs?
- Are you interested in learning about assessment projects used at other VALE libraries? Or have you conducted a project you’d like to showcase and share?
- Have you developed your own assessment method or tool? Or found a commercial product that had value?
- Do you just want to know “what’s out there”?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, please read on!
The VALE Assessment Committee, in partnership with the VALE Shared Information Committee, will be hosting a half-day Assessment Fair designed to inform VALE librarians about a variety of assessment techniques and products as well as to showcase individual library’s assessment successes. The Fair will feature overviews of all kinds of assessment tools and projects such as:
- Information literacy student learning outcomes
- Collection analyses
- User studies
- Web usability studies
- Vendor performance evaluations
- User satisfaction studies
- ILL and document delivery assessments
- ROI investigations
Join us either as a Presenter or a Learner!
Presenters: Any VALE library, VALE committee or individual librarian is invited to showcase and share an assessment technique, presented either as a poster-type display or at an individual table. Basic information about your project and the techniques used should be displayed and handouts made available (a template of information required will be provided). Complete the attached brief submission form and send to Jeanne Boyle.* Assessment Committee members will review all proposals and select those most applicable to the VALE audience.
Learners: Mark your calendars now for this important event! More information to come!
The VALE Assessment Fair
May 25, 2010
9:30 to 12:30
Busch Campus Center, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ
Lots of free parking
* Jeanne Boyle
University Libraries Administration
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
169 College Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Assessessment Fair Submission Form